Brown and Teal

One of my favourite colour combinations. This will be used to dress the chilling goblin, along with the pink/red fabric.

Save

A Goblin in the Making

A goblin chilling on my altar. The armature is made of wire and the body is needle felted (this is for me the longest and most boring part). The head is made of sanded paper clay. I painted the face with my favourite oils, Cobra (which you can dilute with water only and they dry pretty fast). His eyes are made of glass and of course, the hair will be added once he’s all dressed up.

 

Save

Faerie Weaving

I’ve been weaving on my little loom to dress my latest goblin. The pink and red fabric is in two pieces because half-way, I had broken a few threads in the warp so I had to cut and re-tie them. This happens only when you behave quite unreasonably when choosing the yarn for the warp and opt for fragile yarns while hoping for the best. That will teach me (perhaps).

I adore these colors! I love my “Faerie” weaving!

Save

Dyes

I really dislike cooking, but I don’t mind cooking…with  colours. I’m preparing a piece of felt for my next felted tree. As you can see, it’s a messy business, but I actually enjoy tapping the fibers with my fingers so that the dyes spread evenly. I should really buy some waterproof gloves but I doubt I can find a small size. Meanwhile, the dye wears off. Eventually. I steam the colours in a basket and of course, my favourite part is opening the plastic wrap and seeing how my blends have turned out. Now it’s all ready to be needle felted (a bit) and then wet felted (a lot) and assembled with glue as I see fit.

 

Save

Pixie’s Guardian

I had to take this morning a picture of this little cute fellow.

Save

A singular Tree

Probably from Wonderland. I like appliqués and I wanted to try something else with my felting experiments. I dyed a wool batt (like a blanket of fibers), shading carefully my colors and needle felted it (next time, I’ll try to wet felt it straight). Then I wet felted it. I didn’t use any varnish… because it’s expensive. Instead I glued two layers together but left unglued the bottom to stuff the trunk with cheap fibers. Of course, I used some quality wool and nylon fibers for the parts that stick out through the holes. I like the strange fruits (wire shaped in a spiral, stuffed with wool). It turned out a bit better than expected. Although, I had to stiffen the tree with a wire in the back in the end, but it’s discreet. I think I’ll take a break from felting now.

 

Save