I have learnt many things while taking this new direction with my latest goblin. I used some fusible interfacing paper in order to stop my hand woven fabric from fraying while sewing the costume but it didn't work out, my fabric being too thick and too loose. Sewing was a bore. God, I hate sewing. I finished with a white glue and it worked just as fine and actually better: less fraying and more control. But also, quicker! Some bits are still felted, like the shoes, the hands, the antlers and the parts sticking out on the shoulders. I would have never been able to do it in a neat and rigid way without the help of some clear matte varnish. I am really glad I found out this trick. The face is made of paperclay (papier maché) and I'm not sure I like this material entirely. I might try with my ceramic clay next time but without firing it. The clay I use actually contains paper fibers and it is fairly solid, even unfired. I'll have to see how it shrinks around the glass eyes. For the hair (I love the hair!), I dyed some tencel fibers a dark brown and it became all curly... and blonde, ha!ha! I guess it doesn't take too well the acid dye then, but I love this Venetian blonde. I also incorporated one of my ceramic beads, the bird. I have to make some more. All in all, I am pleased about this new direction, and very, very inspired.
Now let me introduce this little goblin who is very much into books and is a bit shy..